Vascular Surgery Fellowship Program
The University of Minnesota Vascular Surgery Fellowship is a fully accredited two-year training program in vascular surgery. All applications to the Program are accepted via ERAS and we participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Fellows will receive training in open vascular surgery, endovascular procedures, and medical management for patients with routine and complex non-cardiac vascular disease. Many trainees fulfill ACGME case log requirements in Year 1. Noninvasive vascular interpretation training is also included to prepare fellows for RPVI certification. Rotation sites offer a diversity of practice styles and patient populations preparing the graduate to enter academic, private practice, or government service:
- University of Minnesota Medical Center - nationally respected teaching hospital,
- Minneapolis Veterans Health Care System – a large regional care center;
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital -the Twin Cities' largest hospital; offers a concurrent opportunity for exposure to pediatric vascular conditions; and
- Fairview Southdale Hospital -a suburban community hospital with 40+ specialty services; includes a concurrent mini-rotation for spine exposure.
Research and scholarship are also components of training. Graduates will be eligible for the Certificate of Special Qualifications in Vascular Surgery granted by the American Board of Surgery. Contact the Program Office at 612-625-1485 for eligibility & VISA information.
Applications are accepted and processed through the Electronic Resident Application Services (ERAS) found at https://www.erasfellowshipdocuments.org/. Some documents required include:
- Completed ERAS application form
- Personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Passport-sized photograph (Optional)
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members
- USMLE Board scores
- American Board of Surgery In-training (ABSITE) exams
- ECFMG certification
Please note: candidates for this integrated program must have completed an ACGME approved 5 year general residency program.
Candidates selected for interview are invited to come in on Thursday evening for an informal opportunity to meet current fellows at a hosted dinner. (Optional)
Formal interviews as well as site-specific presentations will be held on campus between 8 am – noon on Friday. The 2015 interview dates are February 27th, March 6th, and April 3rd.
For more information about the University of Minnesota Vascular Surgery Fellowship contact the office of the Program Director, Steven M. Santilli, MD, PhD, MBA at 612-625-1485.
Visit the office of Graduate Medical Education information about training at University of Minnesota.