Robert D. Madoff, M.D.
Colon and Rectal Surgeon
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
- Colon and Rectal Surgery Clinic
- Endoscopy Services (Minnesota Endoscopy Center)
Columbia University, New York, N.Y.
University of Minnesota (General Surgery), Minneapolis, MN
University of Minnesota (Colon and Rectal Surgery), Minneapolis, MN
- Familial cancer
- Rectal cancer treatment
- Anal intraepithelial neoplasia / anal cancer
- Fecal incontinence
- Benign colorectal disease
- Colorectal cancer
- Chief, Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Stanley M. Goldberg, M.D. Endowed Chair in Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Founding Director of the William C. Bernstein, M.D. Familial Cancer Registry, Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota
- "Best Doctors for Women," Minnesota Monthly Magazine 2011-2012, 2014
- U.S. News & World Report 2012 Top Doctor
- Best Doctors in America® (2011-2012, 2013)
- Mpls.St.Paul Magazine Top Doctors (1997-2010, 2012, 2014-2015)
- Best Doctors for Women (2010)
- Minnesota Monthly "Best Doctors" (2014)
- Tawadros PS, Paquette IM, Hanly AM, Mellgren AF, Rothenberger DA, Madoff RD. Adenocarcinoma of the rectum in patients under age 40 is increasing: impact of signet-ring cell histology. Dis Colon Rectum 2015;58(5):474-8.
- Kwaan MR, Lee JT, Rothenberger DA, Melton GB, Madoff RD. Early removal of urinary catheters after rectal surgery is associated with increased urinary retention. Dis Colon Rectum 2015;58(4):401-5.
- Etzioni DA, Young-Fadok TM, Cima RR, Wasif N, Madoff RD, Naessens JM, Habermann EB. Patient survival after surgical treatment of rectal cancer: Impact of surgeon and hospital characteristics. Cancer 2014;120(16):2472-81.
- Hanly AM, Ryan EM, Rogers AC, McNamara DA, Madoff RD, Winter DC; on behalf of the MERRION Study Group. Multicenter Evaluation of Rectal cancer ReImaging pOst Neoadjuvant (MERRION) Therapy. Ann Surg 2014;259(4):723-7.
- Wexner SD, Coller JA, Devroede G, Hull T, McCallum R, Chan M, Ayscue JM, Shobeiri AS, Margolin D, England M, Kaufman H, Snape WJ, Mutlu E, Chua H, Pettit P, Nagle D, Madoff RD, Lerew DR, Mellgren A. Sacral nerve stimulation for fecal incontinence: Results of a 120-patient prospective multicenter study. Ann Surg 2010; 251(3):441-9.
- Christoforidis D, McNally MP, Jarosek SL, Madoff RD, Finne CO. Endocavitary contact radiation therapy for ultrasonographically staged T1 N0 and T2 N0 rectal cancer. Br J Surg 2009; 96(4):430-6.