Brown Bag Lunch Series on September 26th
Mary Knatterud, Ph.D. and David Radosevich, Ph.D. will be leading a discussion on the various resources available for conducting health outcomes research.
Miss the Celebration of Excellence?
Check out the various people featured in Friday's social event in the Latest News section.
Department of Surgery represented at the Fair!
Thanks you volunteers for providing fairgoers with information on colon cancer prevention and an opportunity to learn about the new Early Cancer Detection and Prevention Program.
Hereditary Cancer Syndromes and Risk-Reducing Surgery
Presentation by Todd Tuttle, M.D.
Professor and Chief
Division of Surgical Oncology
Get the latest Weekly Conference Schedule for events of the week.
Latest News for the Department of Surgery
Honors and Awards
- Dr. Sabita Roy has received an NIH RO1 award - Gut microbiota disruption by Morphine and in the context of HIV infection contributes to sustained immune activation.
- Dr. Ashok Saluja and his team have received a fixed-price industry award in the amount of $2.3 million for their continued research on Minnelide.
- Dr. Henry Buchwald was recognized at the IFSO General Council meeting for his past services as President, and at the annual banquet as one of the five distinguished “Life Members” of the organization.
2014 Celebration of Excellence
Highest Honors and Awards
- Henry Buchwald, M.D., Ph.D. - Inducted Honorary Member, Royal College of Surgeons
- Bernard Hering, M.D. - Renewed McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair
- Ashok Saluja, Ph.D. - New McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair
New Appointments and Promotions
- Gregory Beilman, M.D. - Deputy Chairman, Department of Surgery
- Rajinder Dawra, Ph.D. - Promotion to Associate Professor
- Sayeed Ikramuddin, M.D. - EMD, Perioperative, Anesthesia and Surgical Services
- Rosemary Kelly, M.D. and Sabita Roy, Ph.D. - Co-Vice Chairs, Faculty and Staff Career Development
New Chairholders and Professorships
- Gregory Beilman, M.D. - Owen H. and Sarah Davidson Wangensteen Chair in Experimental Surgery
- Eric Jensen, M.D. - John P. Delaney Chair in Clinical Surgical Oncology
- Raja Kandaswamy, M.D. - David Sutherland & Deborah Butterfield Research Fund for Immunology and Transplantation Professorship
- Todd Tuttle, M.D. - Regis Chair for Breast Cancer Research
- Angela Mathew - Director of Clinical Operations
- Christopher Burlak, Ph.D. - Schulze Diabetes Institute
Check out the latest Department of Surgery Weekly Newsletter.
Information and Quick Links
Upcoming CME Conferences sponsored by the Department of Surgery
To schedule an initial appointment with any of our surgeons, please dial
612-624-5915 and ask for the surgeon by name. For more information on selecting a surgeon, visit the University of Minnesota Physicians website.
Physician Referral Service